It’s no secret that shoppers want diversity in their High Streets and independent retailers that give their towns a distinct character and service. Hereford City Centre is blessed with a wealth of Independent retailers, restaurants and cafes. Hereford BID would like to introduce Independents’ Day UK, a not-for-profit campaign that exists to support and promote independent retail businesses across the UK all year round, but with an annual focus on July 4th: ‘Independents’ Day’ itself. Independents account for something in the order of 65% of the approximately 290,000 retail outlets in the UK and are at the heart of local communities throughout the country.
Independent retailers offer choice, diversity of product and service, tradition as well as innovation, and a more personal service to customers. They are also job creators and contributors to local and national economies. And with retail spending under pressure, never have they needed our support more.
Independents' Day UK is campaign that independent retailers across sectors and throughout the country can use to promote their own businesses online and in their own communities. We call it a grassroots movement because it needs your active involvement and support. It needs independent retailers to grab it by the scruff of the neck and make it work for their own businesses. How can you do that?
• Follow & engage with the campaign across your social media platforms.
• Share the campaign with fellow retailers and customers.
• Download the Independents’ Day UK logo and share it on your website, on your own social platforms and in your shop windows.
• If your business has a particular story to tell, get in touch so that we can tell your story.
• Consider now doing something special for Independents’ Day on July 4th – a special offer, event or promotion to bring people into your shop (particularly those who may not have visited before).
For more information, resources and to join the Independents' Day movement visit: https://wwwindependentsdayukorg.squarespace.com/